Few things in your life will have such a marked influence as your college experience, and Franklin College is an outstanding institution at which to complete your education.
At Franklin, we will challenge you to stretch beyond your present capacities and become an active partner in your education. You will also be given opportunities to develop your leadership potential and to explore the world beyond the classroom and the campus. Your personal and academic growth are at the center of this institution.
Committed to maintaining a diverse community in an atmosphere of mutual respect, Franklin College provides an opportunity for students to live and study among other races, cultures, sexual orientations, economic backgrounds, etc. To be successful in a diverse environment, students can expect support from several administrative and academic departments, including the Center for Diversity and Inclusion, where our mission is to promote a campus community that fosters the holistic development of underrepresented students by providing relevant services to support their academic pursuit, expressing genuine care for their personal development and well-being, advocating on their behalf and encouraging the full use of all college resources. The key to your success is to take advantage of all that Franklin College has to offer. Given the variety of activities on campus, you are certain to find one or more that you will enjoy. Get involved from the start to ensure that your academic year begins on a positive note.
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Where are we?
- 2nd floor of the Napolitan Student Center at Franklin College
What do we do?
- Provide diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) education, training, development, and leadership opportunities to the Franklin College campus community and to foster those opportunities for the advancement of Johnson County.
- Advances Franklin College campus community ‘s awareness, understanding, appreciation, and respect for diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice is all of its forms.
- Accessible all year around as a means of providing a physical and emotional safe and brave space for all Franklin College students, faculty, and staff to gather, engage in programming, reflection, and communion with one another.
- The Center for Diversity and Inclusion encourages community, as well as values and emphasizes welcome and inclusion of all people regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, gender, physical or mental ability.
- Espouses recruitment/retention, sense of belonging and graduation of students from historically excluded and marginalized communities.
- Collaborates with campus partners, allies, departments, community leaders, and initiatives to work together to fulfill the College’s value of inclusivity and community.
Your undergraduate experience can be one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding times of your life. Take advantage of what Franklin College has to offer and make that experience come true.
To learn more, contact Maegan Pollonais, Director of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion, at mpollonais@FranklinCollege.edu.
Download the Diversity and Inclusion on Campus Handout (PDF)