Pursue a foundation for lifelong success.
Franklin College students are thinkers and leaders. They are always learning –through internships, research, study away, civic engagement and volunteering in the community. Students are involved – with their friends, in their classes and with causes or organizations. And, they are active – on the field, on the stage and in student groups and clubs. At Franklin College, our students pursue a full and robust college experience.
Learning at Franklin College
Ours is a community where students and faculty collaborate. You can choose one (or more than one) of our 50+ majors, select multiple minors, or even create your own. You’ll also gain the breadth that only a liberal arts and sciences education provides by learning how to think analytically and communicate effectively so you can apply knowledge and skills to the real world. Through a strong liberal arts and sciences foundation, our graduates gain valuable skills that they can draw upon in any career they choose.
Franklin College Facts:
Enrollment: 1,023 students
Average class size: 15
Student-to-faculty ratio: 11:1
50 student clubs and organizations
50+ majors in 24 academic disciplines
Explore what Franklin College offers:
- Be challenged – both academically and personally. No matter which of our 50+ majors you select, your course of study will be rigorous and taught by professors passionate about teaching.
- Endless resources – both academic and personal. Our students have access to professional development programs, global education and travel, and community involvement opportunities in addition to a wide array of campus clubs and competitive athletic programs.
- Pursue education that is right for you. At Franklin College, you’re encouraged to create a plan that prepares you for the next steps. Faculty will challenge you along the way.
- Learn from real experts. There are no graduate-level teaching assistants at Franklin College and our 11:1 ratio ensures that your professor will know your name and push you to reach your full potential.
- Gain experience outside the classroom. In fact, it’s built right into our curriculum. 100% of our students complete internships or research projects, building connections with practicing professionals.
- Big city and small town – you’ll get the best of both worlds. Franklin, Indiana is less than 25 miles from downtown Indianapolis giving you access to rich cultural activities and job connections. Franklin itself is quiet and safe – the college is steps away from a picturesque town square with restaurants, boutiques, bakeries, a bike store, candy shop, vintage theater and more.
- Our community is thriving. Our student body is approximately 1000 students allowing your voice to be heard and making it easy to get to know the people around you. Students participate in clubs, music ensembles and leadership roles and a whopping 43% of our students enjoy playing athletics.
- Study the liberal arts and sciences. The best part about studying in a liberal arts environment is the ability for crossover between majors and areas of study. Here you’re encouraged to pursue interests, not majors, preparing you for life after college.
- You can afford Franklin College. All students are considered for a wide range of annual scholarships and grants. We work with each and every student to make college an affordable investment.
- Be ready for your career. 95 percent of our graduates are employed or attending graduate school within six months of graduation. We will guide you to make connections that put you on the path you want for life.