Business Office

Located on the first floor of Old Main, the Business Office has a wide range of services available for Franklin College students, families and members of the Franklin College community. Feel free to stop by or contact the Business Office by phone at 317.738.8031 with questions.

Office Hours

Open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Thursday & Fridays from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. during the academic year. (closed from noon-1:00 for lunch)
Open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday during the summer months. (closed from noon-1:00 for lunch)

Office Operations

  • Generating and sending out student bills
  • Answering billing questions
  • If you would like to pay for an FC bill online, visit Nelnet
  • Making payments for One Cards
  • Collecting student timesheets
  • Filling out tax papers
  • Administering the Perkins Loan program
  • Distributing paychecks – Faculty, Staff & Students
  • Distributing student refund checks
  • Serving as the bank for student organizations
  • Selling stamps
  • Cashing checks up to $ 75.00 per day
  • Paying reimbursements
  • Changing meal plans

Business Office FAQs

Note: for FAQs related to Financial Aid, please visit Financial Aid FAQs.

Where is the business office located and what are the hours of operation?

The Business Office and Student Financial Services are located on the first floor of Old Main on the west side of the building. The office is open 8:00 – 5:00 Monday through Thursday and 8:00 – 4:00 on Friday.

What services other than tracking my student account does the business office provide students?

The business office offers many services other than your student account. You can cash checks, get stamps, change meal plans, pick up pay checks, and reimbursements in the business office. The business office also houses tax papers and Perkins loan information. If you have a credit on your student account you can withdraw that from your account.

How can I make payments to Franklin?

You can pay by cash, check or charge. You may pay at the window or through your Student Account Center (SAC).

When and to whom are statements mailed?

Statements are no longer mailed out. Students need to sign up for the Student Account Center. Students can also manage who has access to the student account center so they too can check on the student account at any point.

What is the Financial Responsibility Agreement?

This policy requires all students to complete our financial responsibility agreement each semester prior to enrollment. This agreement outlines the student’s commitment to pay ALL expenses incurred at the college (including any penalties that result due to past due payments). This requirement must be completed prior to enrollment.

Please access it here as a PDF.

Can my parents access my statement of account?

Yes, but only if the student grants them access.

When are payments due?

The tuition bills are due by August 15th for the Fall semester and by January 15th for the Immersive Term and Spring semester.

What happens if my payment arrives late or my financial aid is not processed by the beginning of the semester?

If a student has a balance after the due dates then a stop will be placed on their accounts that will prevent them from getting a transcript if one is needed. If the student balance is greater than $300.00 then a business office stop will be placed on the student account. Students with a business office stop on their account will not be allowed to register for their next semesters classes.

If I qualify for Work Study how can I access that money and what can I use it for?

Students that qualify for work study will have that included with their financial aid award. This is an award that does not credit straight to the student account. Students can then get jobs on campus to earn their allotment of work study per year. Students with work study jobs are paid once a month and can use that money for books, tuition or other expenses.

Should I have a local checking account?

It is completely up to you if you want to have a local bank account but you do not have to have one. The business office will cash checks up to $75.00. There are local banks that also allow students to cash checks without a charge. You may also have student paychecks directly deposited into your current account if you wish.

How can I purchase my books with my loan funds?

If you have excess money from loans to purchase books your student account will have a credit balance. You can have that money transferred to your One Card to purchase books in the bookstore.

When are refunds available?

Students can request a refund from their account at any time. They can get $75.00 per day if they need to. If students are requesting a larger sum then $75.00 they will need to request by Wednesday at noon to get a check by Friday of the same week at any time during the semester.