Registration Day is the kickoff to a time in your life that’s dedicated to becoming your best self. This day will set you up for success as you prepare for a four-year journey of self-discovery. Registration Days are required for all new students and the only way you can pick one is by first completing the New Student Checklist.
During Registration Day, you will:
- Meet with a faculty Academic Adviser: Academic Advisers serve as personal mentors who will help turn your life goals into a four-year plan that prepares you to pursue your biggest dreams.
- Attend exploratory sessions: You’ll attend sessions that will grease your personal growth gears. In one, you’ll reflect on your educational past, what’s worked, what hasn’t and how to make the most of your college career. In another, you’ll look to the future and learn to empower yourself for success in your academic, social and professional lives.
- Meet a Launch Team: Like every first-year student, you have a personal panel of advocates to challenge you, inspire you and help you thrive. You’ll meet a Launch Team and learn more about the magical formula that makes this approach so successful.
- Welcome your parents to the community: Registration Day features several sessions specifically for parents. They can attend talks on topics like financial aid and how best to support you during the next four years.
- Take care of some logistics: Take your photo for your student ID, register for classes, preference your first-year seminar and get to know campus.
- Spend a FULL Day with Us: Check-In for Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and the program itself runs from 8:45 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. We know that’s a long day, but we wouldn’t ask you to spend it with us if we didn’t think it was so important to get you started off on the path towards success.
Once you select your date, you’ll hear from a member of our Center for Student Success via email. A few weeks in advance of your Registration Day, you’ll get a detailed schedule with further instructions. If you have questions in the meantime, reach out to our Dean of Student Success, Keri Ellington (hot link to email).
Registration Dates for 2019 Fall Admits
- Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Monday, June 10, 2019
- Friday, June 28, 2019
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 (this date is a special half-day program for out-of-state and international students)
Registration Dates for 2020 Fall Admits
- Saturday, April 18, 2020
- Monday, June 8, 2020
- Friday, June 26, 2020
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020 (this date is a special half-day program for out-of-state and international students)
Registration Dates for 2020 Spring Admits