Incoming Class of 2019, mark your calendars! Welcome Week is August 22-29, 2019 and is a required part of Launch. Move-in for residential students is August 22 from 9 a.m.-noon. Commuter student check-in will be at 12:30 p.m. in the Dietz Center. You’ll get lots more information via email in the weeks leading in to Welcome Week.
Welcome Week is dedicated to setting you up for a successful first semester of college. Think of this week as sacred space reserved specifically for getting you ready for the next step in your life. In addition to moving in and getting oriented to campus, you’ll participate in several events, activities and workshops, including:
- Becoming a Part of Our Tradition: Celebrate the official start of your college career as you participate in legacies passed down for more than 180 years. Attend the Opening Convocation and Bell Ceremony, smile for the annual class photo and take a walk around Dame Mall to commemorate your Franklin College initiation.
- Building Community: Participate in a host of events designed specifically for you to meet your fellow classmates, faculty and staff and create a sense of belonging at a college that cares.
- Being Engaged: Check out the college’s 40+ student organizations at the Student Involvement Fair, attend sessions that provide valuable tools and resources for success, meet your Launch Team and First-Year Seminar classmates for the first time.
- Pursuing Your Strengths: Take CliftonStrengths, an assessment used by more than 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, as you identify your unique combination of 34 of the most prominent natural strengths. Then learn how to apply your abilities to succeed in college, in your career and in life.
- Learning the Ins and Outs: You’ll attend programs that share college expectations and policies, introduce you to technology we use on campus, check your academic schedule one more time before classes start and discover where everything is on campus.
Returning Student Latest News – 2019 (with move-in instructions)