Franklin College MSAT graduates earn a 100% pass rate on the BOC exam
The 2020 Franklin College MSAT graduates passed the national Board of Certification Exam in June at a 100% rate. The national BOC average for students passing this exam on their first attempt is 77%.
Our students obtain plenty of real-world experience during our 7-part clinical rotation sequence. Students who want to gain even more experience can use the summer between year 1 and year 2 to perform an internship anywhere in the country. So far, here is where our students have interned:
- Francis Stephenson – Indiana University football, Bloomington, IN
- Jacob Leachman – South Florida football, Tampa, FL
- Zachary Prater – Rehab Works at NASA at Kennedy Space Center, FL
- Kenzlie Westerfield – Duke University, Durham, NC
- Rachel Bowden and Megan Battles – University of Alabama Sports Medicine, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Ariane Bell – Union Medical Group Bone and Joint, Terre Haute, IN
- Hannah Hoyt – ESPN Wide World of Sports, Orlando, FL
- Dan Fifer – South Bend Cubs, Notre Dame, IN
- Chantel Paul – South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
- Danielle Olson – Methodist Sports Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Franklin College MSAT students complete independent research in a topic of their interest. Independent research gives students an opportunity to explore, specialize and share findings of their clinically relevant research. While all students present their research on campus, past student research projects have resulted in peer-reviewed journal publications and presentations at professional conferences such as the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposium and the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting.
Franklin College MSAT alumni have obtained employment at
- Professional Organizations – Arizona Diamondbacks; Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Semi-professional – Jamestown Rebel Junior Hockey Team
- Colleges and Universities – Denison College; University of Louisville; University of Alabama; Syracuse University; South Dakota State University; Manchester University
- Industrial and clinical sites – Monarch Beverage; Methodist Sports Medicine
- High Schools – Secina (Indianapolis); Kewanee (IL); Academy of the Lakes (FL)
- Hospitals – Union Hospital
- Further graduate school – Washington University (DPT); Palmer College of Chiropractic
The MSAT program is located in the Graduate Health Science Center (below).