International FAQs

International Students at Franklin College FAQs

Check out our Frequently Asked Questions. If you do not find the answer below, contact Admissions.

Q: How much does it cost for international students to attend Franklin College for one year?

International and domestic students are charged the same tuition and fees at Franklin College. Check the current tuition and fees page to learn more. To receive an I-20, international students must submit financial proof documenting the ability to pay for their educational expenses for the duration of their stay up to 1 year. Bank account statements are the most common document submitted for approval.

Download the financial proof confirmation form.

Q: As an international student, can I receive transfer credit for my previous college-level work?

Deposited students interested in receiving transfer credit should submit their transcript to office of academic records. to see if the course and grade earned are eligible to receive transfer credit. Your school must email your final transcript to:

Q: Do you offer scholarships to international students?

Yes, scholarships are available to all international undergraduate students who meet the priority application deadline of December 1. All students who apply after December 1 are considered for but not guaranteed scholarships. Ask your admissions counselor for more details.

Q: Do you offer financial aid for international students?

No, however, scholarships are available to all international undergraduate degree seeking students with a record of high academic achievements.  For more information contact your admissions counselor.

Q: What are the application deadlines?

Franklin College offers rolling admission, however, students should apply at least 60 days before classes begin so you have sufficient time to obtain a student visa.

Q: When must my tuition be paid?

Payment of tuition, fees, and room and board are due on the date indicated on the student’s bill. Contact the Franklin College Business Office with payment questions.

Q: How do I find a roommate?

Students living on-campus will be assigned a roommate(s) based upon the information you provide on your housing application. You may request to live with a friend, however, both students must request each other on the housing application. International students are encouraged to live with domestic students.

Q: Who do I ask for help to obtain a visa?

After you have been admitted to Franklin College and have paid your enrollment deposit you will be issued an I-20. Upon receipt of the I-20 you should schedule an interview at your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Q: How do I travel to Franklin College?

Indianapolis International Airport (IND) is located approximately 30 minutes away from Franklin College. Transportation will be offered from the IND airport only. Notification is required in advance. Please send your flight arrival information to Confirm details by calling our Center for Student Success at 317.738.8334.

Q: Must I have medical insurance? How to I obtain this and what is the cost?

All international students will be required to carry Franklin College’s international student insurance unless they are government-sponsored and can provide proof of insurance through a sponsor. For more information, please contact us at or call the Center for Student Success at 317.738.8334.

Q: What are your academic terms?

Franklin College operates on a 4-1-4 academic calendar. Fall and spring semesters are 4 months long. The month of January is Immersive Term. Students take 4+ courses during fall and spring and 1 course during Immersive Term.  A new academic year begins the fourth week in August. Spring semester begins the first week in February.

Q: What documents do I need to apply for admission?

After applying online, a school official should send all secondary school academic records via email or hardcopy. These records should include all courses taken, grades received and degrees or certificates earned. An explanation of your school’s coding system used to evaluate your work should accompany the records. Records must be translated to ENGLISH and sent to or
Franklin College Admissions
101 Branigin Blvd.
Franklin, IN 46131
E-transcripts are acceptable for provisional admission. Hard copies must be received prior to course registration.

Q: As an international student, can I study English at Franklin College?

No. Franklin College currently does not offer an ESL program. 

Q: Can you issue an I-20 to an international student?

Yes, an I-20 is issued once an international student has been admitted and paid the one-time international enrollment deposit. (To apply for your visa, send your I-20 documentation and acceptance letter to the U.S. embassy in your country.)

Q: What is the minimum TOEFL requirement for an international applicant?

A minimum TOEFL score of 79+ on the internet based version. Franklin College also accepts SAT, ACT, IELTS, Duolingo, Cambridge English, & MELAB. See the international application webpage for current score requirements

Q: Is on-campus housing available for international students?

Yes. Admitted students receive information via their Franklin College email to sign up for housing.

Let’s Talk

We’re happy you’re interested in Franklin College!

If you have specific questions, contact the office of admissions  at 888.852.6471 or 317.738.8075 or email us at