Many kinds of loans are available to students and their families. Though requiring repayment, improved terms and interest levels can make a bachelor’s degree possible.

Federal Direct Loans

To apply for federal direct loans, click the link above and sign-in to complete the subsidized/unsubsidized Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling.

Federal PLUS Loans

To apply for a Federal Parent PLUS loan, click the link above , sign-in and complete the “Request a PLUS Loan” section and complete the Parent PLUS loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).

Private/Alternative Loans

These loans are available to students from private lenders for additional funding assistance if you have exhausted all other sources of educational funding. Franklin College strongly urges students to utilize all of your eligibility for scholarships, grants and federal loans before applying for a private loan. These loans typically have variable and higher interest rates and fees depending on the credit worthiness of the borrower and cosigner. Private loan lenders have different eligibility requirements, loan rates, repayments terms and conditions.

Listed below are three application tools that will provide access to multiple lenders. Both FASTChoice and the InvestEd Marketplace will allow you to compare lenders and rates for possible alternative loans. As a borrower, you have the option to select any lender you choose. If you have any questions regarding the process used to select the lenders included in FASTChoice or the InvestEd Marketplace, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
INvestEd Marketplace
FAST Choice – Student Private/Alternative Loans
FAST Choice – Parent Private/Alternative Loans

2018-2019 Cost of Attendance

The Cost of Attendance (COA) for the academic year (fall and spring semesters) includes tuition, room, board, books, transportation, fees and other miscellaneous personal expenses that Franklin College has included in your overall financial aid budget. The COA is the maximum amount of financial aid a student can receive during that academic year.

All students applying for a private education loan are required to complete a Self Certification Form indicating the COA amount for Franklin College and the student’s total financial aid. Listed are the COA figures to be used when completed the Self Certification Form.

Living On Campus$44,350
Living with Parent$38,620
Living Off Campus$43,420

Please note that if you are studying abroad or taking an Immersive Term trip you will need to contact the financial aid office to get your COA.

Let’s Talk

We’re happy you’re interested in Franklin College!

If you have specific questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 317.738.8075 or email us at