Transfer Applicants

Two students walking on campus

Transfer to Franklin College for a Brighter Future

Whether you are seeking an academic or campus environment that’s a better fit for you, working toward a bachelor’s degree following community or junior college, returning to college after a break, or thinking through your next steps after military service or other life experiences, Franklin College welcomes you! We are eager to meet you and help you discover how we can make your goals possible.

Download the Transfer Student Handout (PDF)

Apply for Admission

Application Timing

You will find the Franklin College process for pursuing a transfer is simple. Franklin College considers transfer applicants anyone who has attended another post-secondary institution since graduating high school.

Franklin College offers rolling admission, and our online application is free all year. Transfer students usually enter Franklin College during spring or fall semester. If you are interested in beginning in early January for Immersive Term, please discuss this option with the Office of Admissions before applying.

Application Steps

Complete the online application and provide documentation.

  1. Complete the Franklin College online application or use
  2. Provide the following documents to Franklin College Office of Admissions, 101 Branigin Blvd., Franklin, IN 46131 or
Official High School Transcript

Request your transcript from your high school guidance office or If you receive the transcript, do not open it. Place it in a larger envelope and send to Franklin College Office of Admissions through U.S. Mail. Transcripts must come directly from Parchment or your high school to be considered official.

If you have completed more than 24 credit hours of college credit, you do not need to submit a high school transcript.

Official College Transcripts From All Previously-Attended Institutions

Request your transcript from the institution’s website or Transcripts must come directly from Parchment or your previous institution(s) to be considered official.

Special Populations

Military Applicants

Franklin College is considered a military-friendly college. Veterans are encouraged to contact Jarrod Brett, VA certifying official in the Franklin College Office of Academic Records, or 317.738.8132, for additional guidance. Visit the military applicants webpage for more information.

Ivy Tech Applicants

Franklin College and Ivy Tech have made specific arrangements to assist transfer students in completing their education.

  • Some courses completed at Ivy Tech are pre-approved to fulfill equivalent courses at Franklin College. Check the list.
  • Franklin College students with prior Ivy Tech coursework can become credited with an associate degree once here.
  • Ivy Tech ASAP students can complete a bachelor's degree in 2 years and are guaranteed to be admitted to Franklin College via an agreement between the two schools. They may also be eligible for additional scholarships. Visit the IVY Tech ASAP page for more information.

Transfer Credits

Wondering how your courses will transfer? Find out at the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) website. Choose the school you are considering transferring from to determine which courses will transfer to Franklin College. If your school is not listed or if you have questions, please contact

Courses Not Yet Evaluated

Don’t see a course you are hoping to transfer? Please send Franklin College Office of Academic Records a current course syllabus to determine eligibility. If you no longer have access to the course syllabus, please request it from the professor who taught your course or from your institution’s registrar/academic records office. This will need to be done for each course not yet evaluated.

Transfer Credit Evaluation Policy

Franklin College will accept undergraduate transfer course work, credits by examination and other non-traditional credits presuming the following:

  • Transfer courses were completed at a regionally accredited institution.
  • The coursework is substantively equivalent to Franklin College coursework.
  • Proper, timely documentation is provided in the form of official transcripts, test scores or the equivalent (This is the responsibility of the transfer applicant.)
  • The grade awarded is equivalent to C- (1.67 on 4.00 scale) or above, or test score is equivalent to the requirement as outlined in the Academic Course Catalog available on the Franklin College Academics webpage.
Credit Evaluation Reporting

All official transcripts of admitted students will be forwarded to the Franklin College Office of Academic Records for evaluation. Once the evaluation is finished, transfer students will receive an official report on transfer credits.

Scholarships and Financial Aid

We strongly encourage all transfer students to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to maximize financial aid they receive. Transfer students may add any additional grants, loans, and work study for which they qualify.  Franklin College also grants an award to transfer students based on their academic achievements at their previous institution. The transfer award will automatically renew each year as long as the student remains in good academic standing.

Ivy Tech ASAP students and/or Phi Theta Kappa members should note these involvements on the application as they may be eligible for additional scholarships. 

For questions about aid, contact the Franklin College Office of Financial Aid, 317.738.8075 or

Need additional information about transferring credits, admissions or financial aid?


Transfer Coordinator

Let’s Talk

We’re happy you’re interested in Franklin College!

If you have specific questions, contact the office of admissions at 888.852.6471 or 317.738.8075 or email us at