Closing the Gap in Educational Achievement
Nationally recognized, Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars program is an early college promise program. Started in 1990, the 21st Century Scholars Program offers eligible Indiana residents up to four years of paid tuition at participating Indiana colleges or universities upon high school graduation. At Franklin College, you will be able to use your 21st Century award, join a community of other Scholars, and utilize all of the resources available for Scholars and their success.
The program focuses on four areas:
- Academic performance and persistence
- Student engagement and enrichment
- Financial literacy and debt management
- Career exploration and preparation
To maintain your status as a 21st Century Scholar, you must:
- File and complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15 each year.
- Complete 30 credits per academic year.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards at Franklin College.
- Be on a full-time status (at least 12 credits per semester).
The office of Student Success offers assistance specifically for 21st Century Scholars who are experiencing academic difficulty. We will reach out to meet with us and discuss related issues and resources if you:
- Have midterm deficiency grades
- Are on academic probation
- Have questions regarding credit completion
Center for Student Success