Admission to the Exercise Science Program
The Exercise Science program accepts a maximum of 25 students per year. The admissions process begins during the spring semester for students who are either first-year or sophomores.
Each applicant must meet the following requirements to be eligible for admission. Note – fulfillment of all application requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Admissions Process for 1st Year Students
- Receive a grade of ‘C’ or higher in EXE 234 and EXE 244
- Obtain an overall GPA of 2.5 (A=4.00)
- Complete at least two separate job observation experiences within the health field for a minimum of two hours per experience.
- Demonstrate ability to perform clinical skills specifically associated to the health-relate components of fitness
- Submit an application, resume, and personal statement
- Complete an interview and demonstrate understanding of the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (abilities) needed to become a strong professional in the health field
Admissions Process of 2nd Year and Transfer Student
- Meet the above 6 minimum standards for 1st year students
- Receive the minimum grade in either BIO 110 or BIO 115 needed to progress into BIO 120
- Receive a grade of ‘C’ or higher in BIO 120
Request more information