New students along with their families arrived on Wednesday, August 23, to move into their assigned residence halls.
Here are details about the Class of 2027 as currently known:
- A significant number are first-generation college students. Based on the 2022-23 U.S. News and World Report Best College Rankings Report, the college is in the top 25% of those ranked in the category of Top Performers for Social Mobility. Franklin is the only Indiana institution in the top 25%.
- They are among the most academically accomplished new students in recent Franklin College history, with 80% finishing in the top half of their high school graduating class.
- Students of color represent more than 14% of the class.
- Including the United States, there are 8 countries represented.
- Exercise science, business, psychology, and elementary education are currently their top four choices of major.
- Outside of the classroom, they are most interested in Greek life, study-away experiences, and athletics. Nearly 200 of them plan to be involved in one or more of the college’s Division III athletic programs.
- Twenty-two are legacies, meaning they have relatives who are Franklin College alumni or who are currently pursuing their degrees at the college.
For decades, it has been a college tradition for faculty and staff to help new students move in, making the process of getting their personal belongings into their dorm rooms fast and a little less stressful.
Returning students will move in over the weekend, with classes beginning for all on Monday, Aug. 28.
For more information, contact Franklin College’s Office of Communications at (317) 738-8185.
POSTED Aug 24, 2023