“The stronger the roots, the bigger the tree. This is my philosophy when it comes to teaching. When students know their fundamental values, this opens up many doors to think critically and to synthesize the information they are given. It is my job to provide my students with the necessary tools that will not only carry them through collegiate studies, but will also apply to everyday life.”
Instructor of Music Theory and Applied Woodwinds
- D.M.A. – Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX (ABD)
- M.M. – Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
- M.M. – University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- B.A. – Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK
Year Joined Franklin
I am fluent in all woodwind instruments as well as a dichotomy of musical styles including, but not limited to, jazz, pop music, Broadway, classical, and world music. I also work with students on how to manage stress related to preparing music, guiding students on practice performance, and how to be efficient whether it is with private lessons or Music Theory.
I am fascinated with crossover music, music that blends two or more styles at once. I think that by having a better understanding of this, this opens many creative doors for students to either write or perform more of these works.
Selected Professional Accomplishments
- Tau Beta Sigma, Beta Chapter – Honorary Membership, 2018
- Texas Tech University – Cum Laude, 2018
- Semi-Finalist for United States Navy Cruisers Band, 2016
- University of Arizona – Summa Cum Laude, 2014
- “Illegal Alien Opera”, International Premiere, Hermosillo, Mexico, 2014
- “Illegal Alien Opera”, World Premiere, Tucson, AZ, 2014
- Northeastern State University – Cum Laude, Tahlequah, OK, 2012
In My Spare Time…
I enjoy being outdoors! I love running, hiking, camping, and playing golf. Cooking is also very near and dear to my heart. When I am not moving at 100 mph, I have been known to relax, write music, read books (with or without pictures), or repair instruments. I also like to watch the Detroit Lions, Tigers, Pistons, and Red Wings, and the Oklahoma City Thunder.