Move-In Information for Residence Halls
New students will be able to move into the residence halls beginning at 1:00 pm on Thursday, August 22, 2019 and should plan to arrive by 4:00 pm. Whether you’re assigned to Elsey, Hoover, or Cline Hall this fall, new student move-in will be a breeze if you follow this plan and the building specific instructions for your Residence Hall. If you have any questions about move-in, please contact Jacob Knight, the Director of Residence Life.
Prior to arriving
- Label all of your belongings with your room number so our volunteers can carry your belongings for you and get them to your room.
- Here is where you can download pre-made labels you can print, cut-out, and attach to your belongings:
Basic check-in information
- Familiarize yourself with campus. Visit the Maps and Directions page for information about getting to campus or download a campus map (PDF).
- When you get to campus, go to the designated unloading zone for your residence hall.
- Once you’re parked, students will enter the residence hall and go to the hall specific check-in location to complete check-in paperwork and receive room keys.
- If family or friends are helping, have them unload your vehicle(s) while you get checked in and unlock your room.
- If you are moving in alone, unlock your room and then come back to your vehicle to help unload it.
- Volunteers will help take your belongings from the unloading zone to your assigned room.
Elsey Hall Specific Instructions
Elsey is located on the northwest side of campus. If you’re using Google Maps, use Elsey Residence Hall, Franklin, Indiana 46131 as the street address to arrive at this destination.
Enter the move-in loading area
- The entire Elsey Lot parking area is considered an unloading zone.
- Security and move-in volunteers will help you find an available parking space.
Students should go to the Elsey Hall Great Room. The sidewalk from the Elsey Lot to the inside of the “U” leads to the best entrance, it will take you directly to the Elsey Great Room.
Once everything is moved inside, students and guests should park their vehicles in the Forsythe Lot, Hougham Lot, Henry Lot, or Spurlock Lot until move-in is complete.
Hoover and Cline Specific Instructions
Hoover-Cline is located west of the Hamilton Library and north of Faught Stadium. If you’re using Google Maps, use Hoover-Cline, Franklin, Indiana 46131 as the address to arrive at this destination.
Enter the move-in loading area
- Hoover students will follow the red path and use the west drive to unload in the Fitness Center Lot.
- Cline students will follow the green path and use the east drive to unload in Cline Circle.
Students should go to the Hoover-Cline lobby which is the area between the two buildings. There will be signs in the building to guide you to the check-in area.
Exit the unloading zone
- Hoover students will exit on the west side of the Fitness Center.
- Cline students will exit through the Hamilton Lot.
Students and guests should park their vehicles in the Park Avenue Lot located next to the football stadium.