Franklin College recognized and celebrated the impact of its generous donors today with the release of its 2018-2019 Franklin College Honor Roll of Donors.
Some of the college’s recent successes that are realized due to generous support of donors.
- The college announced donor gifts totaling $4.9 million, making this the most successful fundraising year in recent college history.
- We successfully eclipsed the $10 million fundraising goal, closed the Campaign for the Sciences and dedicated the Franklin College Science Center. The 51,000 square-foot facility is better equipped for project-based learning and student research, allowing Franklin to produce the highly qualified and ready-to-work graduates that employers so desperately seek.
- Total Franklin Fund dollars raised equaled $696,305 this year, also far surpassing our budget goal of $630,000 and fundraising goal of $650,000. This is in large part thanks to the success of #GivetoGRIZ, our one-day giving challenge, which raised $165,288 on a $145,000 goal, making it the most successful #GivetoGRIZ to date. Last year, our total dollars raised for the Franklin Fund were $632,613, just making our budget goal for the year, with $134,245 coming from #GivetoGRIZ.
- The college opened the Graduate Health Science Center, housing its two master’s programs – one in physician assistant studies and the other in athletic training – allowing for increased faculty collaboration and student interaction.
- As part of the college’s 2018 Homecoming and Alumni Weekend festivities, it was honored to host the first of six lectures in the prestigious 2018 Indianapolis Prize Lecture Series presented by the Indianapolis Zoological Society, Inc. The lecture was presented by the 2018 Indianapolis Prize Winner, Dr. Russell A. Mittermeier.
- The Department of Mathematics and Computing garnered national attention when it earned the prestigious 2019 Award for an Exemplary Program or Achievement in a Mathematics Department from the American Mathematical Society. This highly coveted award is sought after by many institutions across the nation. Previous recipients of the award include UCLA, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Arizona, Harvey Mudd College and Williams College, to name only a few.
- After more than a year-and-a-half of diligent work, the faculty and staff completed development of the reimagined curriculum, the Pursuit at Franklin College, allowing for the full rollout to all students this fall. The Pursuit takes many of the best practices that were already deeply embedded in the college’s liberal arts and sciences curriculum, carries them across every discipline and integrates them into all majors. The Pursuit hinges on high-impact practices that will become the hallmarks of the overall student experience at Franklin. Launch, our new first-year experience considered among the most distinctive in the country, will assure student preparation for the Pursuit and propel their transition into college.
For more information, contact the Office of Communications at (317) 738-8185.
(Edited Jan. 27, 2020)
POSTED Aug 15, 2019