“The education department provides teacher candidates with opportunities for personal transformation and reaching one’s full potential. Our work is comprised of advancing civilization one future teacher at a time. Competent, caring, decision makers are the goal. It is exciting to be a member of such an impactful department.”
Department chair; visiting professor of education
- Ph.D., Indiana University – Bloomington, IN
- M.A.,Ball State University – Muncie, IN
- B.S., Ball State University – Muncie, IN
Year joined Franklin
Education leadership and evaluation, teacher education, education assessment, education accreditation
During my time as an Education Major at Franklin College how much experience will I gain in Public K-12 Schools?
Education majors at Franklin College enjoy seven semesters of field experiences, clinical experience, and student teaching in K-12 Schools. Beginning in the Immersive Term of the second year, students observe and teach in public school classrooms.
Across the seven semesters of placements education majors practice teach in several different public school settings across many grade levels.
Selected Professional Accomplishments
- 2010-2012 State President of Independent Colleges of Teacher Education
- 2008 College Faculty Member of the Year
- 2005 Leading Educator of the World
- 2003 Finalist, University Excellence in Teaching Award
In My Spare Time…
In my spare time I like to walk trails, play golf, read, and travel. I’m especially fond of Florida’s Forgotten Coast in the Panhandle and am a PADI Certified Advanced Open Water Diver.