“I believe in the constructivism educational approach: in building knowledge together, where everyone has a significant part in the process. In my classes the student is invited to actively participate, to reflect, to think and to create solutions for subjects related to the contents studied. I am looking forward to exchanging experiences and knowledge with you!”
Visiting assistant professor of education
- Ph.D., Pontificia Universidade Catolica – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- M.S.Ed., Pontificia Universidade Catolica – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Postgrad – Universidade Sao Judas Tadeu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- B.E.D., Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie – Sao Paulo, Brazil
Year Joined Franklin
Elementary and secondary education, teacher education, learning disabilities specialist, vocational counseling
Why is it important to understand child development?
Understanding child development together with learning theories can build an ideal pathway to an effective hands-on practice in the classroom.
Why is it important to study diversity in the classroom?
It is through diversity that we learn about new cultures, people, and nations, with the goal of sharing experiences, values, and growing as people and human beings.
Selected Professional Accomplishments
- Honored Teacher Universidade Mackenzie Education School classes of 1997, 1998 and 1999
- Paranymph Teacher Caetano de Campos High School, class of 1993
- NASSIF, V.; HASHIMOTO, M.;HASHIMOTO, C. I. (2013) Cognição e Afetividade alicerçando as competências empreendedoras: são aspectos associáveis ou dissociáveis? [Cognition and Affect as cornerstones for entrepreneurial competence: associable or dissociable aspects?] 8th Ibero Academy Management Annual Meeting Proceedings, Sao Paulo, Brazil, v. 1. p. 28-28.
- HASHIMOTO, C. I. (2001) Dificuldades de Aprendizagem: Concepções que permeiam a prática de professores e orientadores [Learning Difficulties: Conceptions that permeate the practice of mentors and teachers], in ALMEIDA, L. R. and PLACCO, V. M. N. S. (org), O coordenador pedagógico e o espaço da mudança [School counselors and space for changes]. 2. ed. São Paulo: Loyola Publishers, v. 1. 127p.
- HASHIMOTO, C. I. (2011) O direito à Infância: Da Legislação ao Cotidiano Escolar [The Childhood Right: From Legislation to the School Routine] in BORGES, R. R. And MONTEIRO, F. P. T. Ética e Formação de Professor; desafios da Educação Infantil [Ethics and Teacher Training; challenges of Preschool]. Arte Escrita Publishers, Campinas, Brazil, ed. 1, v. 1, p. 87-94.
- HASHIMOTO, C. I.; PLACCO, V. (2013) Ensino Fundamental de 9 anos: um novo caminho em velha estrada? Um velho caminho em nova estrada? [Nine-Year Primary and Middle School: a new pathway on an old road? An old pathway on a new road?], Olhar de Professor Magazine [Teacher’s Perspective], v. 16, n.1, p. 107-128.
- HASHIMOTO, C. I.; HASHIMOTO, M. (2012) Profissão Docente [Teaching Profession]. Ensino Superior Magazine, Brazil, p. 40-41.
- HASHIMOTO, C. I.; ANDREETTO, V. G.; PAULILO, V. M. (2009) A hora da roda e sua contribuição para o desenvolvimento infantil [Circle time and its contribution for child development]. OMEP/BR/SP/SA Journal, Sao Paulo, p. 1-6.
- HASHIMOTO, C. I.; ANDREETTO, V. G.; GAVIÃO, A. T.; GIACOPINI, B. E.; PAULILO, V. M. (2008) A ética nossa de cada dia: o trabalho com os combinados e regras na Educação Infantil [Our daily ethics: working with agreements and rules in Preschool]. OMEP/BR/SP/SA Journal, São Paulo, p. 1-6.
In My Spare Time…
Summer is a special time that I can do most things I love: gardening, swimming, travelling, Brazilian cookout parties, etc. At any time, going to movie theaters and shows and appreciate a good family gathering around the fireplace or bonfire.