“I believe in a teamwork approach to care in which the patients and physician work together to achieve the best possible outcomes. I apply these same principles to teaching and precepting students.”
Medical director; adjunct assistant professor of PA studies
- Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Indiana University – Indianapolis, IN
- Internship, Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati – Cincinnati, OH
- MD, Indiana University School of Medicine – Indianapolis, IN
- B.S., Ball State University – Muncie, IN
Year joined Franklin
My interest and expertise include interventional pain management, sports medicine, and electrodiagnostic studies.
What is the role of the medical director in a PA program?
The medical director supports the program director, faculty, and students by providing medical guidance and academic support to ensure that instruction in the didactic and clinical phases meets current medical practice standards.
Selected Professional Accomplishments
- Indianapolis Monthly’s Top Doctors for the past 4 years.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty in Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- North American Spine Society
In My Spare Time…
I am originally from Anderson, Indiana. During and after high school I spent several years on the U.S. Cycling team and as a professional cyclist before pursuing college full-time. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my son and wife, hiking, traveling, and I still cycle.