Paul & Daisy Soros
- The purpose is to provide opportunities for continuing generations of able and accomplished New Americans to achieve leadership in their chosen fields.
- The Program is established in recognition of the contributions New Americans have made to American life and in gratitude for the opportunities the United States has afforded the donors and their family.
- Must be nominated by Franklin College.
- Must be a New American (a green card holder or naturalized citizen if born abroad; a child of naturalized citizens if born in this country).
- Not yet 31 years old, as of the application deadline.
- A college senior or holder of a bachelor’s degree.
- Not beyond your second year – if already enrolled -- in the graduate degree program for which you request support.
- Each fellowship supports up to two years of graduate study – in any field and in any advanced degree-granting program – in the United States.
- Each award is for up to $25,000 in maintenance grants and up to $20,000 in tuition support for each year of graduate study supported, a total of as much as $90,000.
- Campus deadline: Please submit all required application materilas to the campus representative by 5pm on October 18, 2012.
- Application deadline: November 1, 2012
Applicants are strongly encouraged to use the on-line application system.
- Application form
- Two (2) 1,000 words
- A 1-2 page resume
- No more than five additional pages that document or illustrate your strengths in one or more of the selection criteria.
- copies of newspaper or magazine articles about you and/or your accomplishments
- Excerpts from a portfolio
- Letters of commendation
- Programs for events you have organized or in which you have participated.
- Title and author pages of publications you have authored
- An additional letter of recommendation.
- If you are applying for support in the fine or performing arts, or if you feel that your performances or contributions to films, documentaries, etc. are important aspects of your accomplishments, you can submit one CD or DVD, or no more than 12 slides.
- Three recommendation letters
- An Institutional Status Form must be submitted if you are a registered student – a senior or in a graduate program – as of the November 1, 2010 deadline.
- Copies of immigration/citizenship documents to verify:
- Your status as a green card holder or naturalized citizen if you were born abroad, or
- Your parents’ status as naturalized citizens if you were born in this country.
Dr. Hisaya Kitaoka
Selection criteria emphasize creativity, originality, initiative, and sustained accomplishment.