Applying to Franklin College
All applicants are assessed holistically in terms of the full range of their academic and personal achievements, and are viewed in the context of the opportunities and challenges they have encountered. All applications serve as the application for both admission and financial aid.
Students can expect a decision 4-6 weeks after a completed application is received.
Cost to Apply
All domestic applications are free. International and Running Start applications have a $40 fee.
- Freshman applicants
- Transfer applicants
- International applicants
- Previously-admitted applicants
- Other applicants
- Master of science in athletic training applicants
A completed application file includes:
- A submitted Franklin College application or Common Application
- Official transcript submitted by the guidance office or via Parchment.
- Official SAT or ACT scores
SAT Code: 1228
ACT Code: 1194
It is your responsibility to provide Franklin with these supporting documents. If you need help with anything, contact us.
Other optional items we take into consideration for admission and merit-based financial aid include:
- Academic achievements: grade point average, official high school transcript, the student’s course load and class rank. College-prep curriculum is preferred. Indiana students with an academic honors diploma will be given priority.
- Personal statement/essay
- Extracurricular involvement and leadership experience: athletic, literary, artistic, social service, church and community involvement and employment
- Demonstrated interest in the school through visits or other interaction with Franklin College staff
Please mail all completed materials to:
Office of Admissions
101 Branigin Blvd.,
Franklin, IN 46131
Freshmen can send an application in at any time. Applications completed, including all supporting documents, on or before December 1 receive priority consideration for merit-based scholarships.
Transfer students may apply on a rolling basis and will be automatically considered for merit-based scholarships.
Admitted students who submit a completed application, including all supporting documents, on or before December 1 will receive an admitted student packet by mail that includes a merit-based scholarship offer.
Applicants applying after December 1 are considered on a rolling basis until the class is full and will receive a financial aid packet within 2-3 weeks of filing a complete FAFSA.
Offers of admission and financial aid are valid until May 1. If an enrollment deposit is not received by May 1, Franklin College cannot guarantee you will receive that level of aid or a space in the class.
Once an application is completed, including all supporting documents, you can expect an admissions decision within 4-6 weeks.
Important Financial Aid Information
Students will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships after completing an application. Students who would like to be considered for need-based assistance through institutional, state and federal aid programs should file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15. The Franklin College code for FAFSA is 001798.
Class of 2016 Profile
SAT Middle 50% – 1335 – 1620 (980 – 1170 on the new SAT)
ACT Middle 50% – 19 – 25
GPA Middle 50% – 3.1 – 3.9
We would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please call our office at (317) 738-8075 or email us.