Tuition for Master of Science in Athletic Training
It is essential that all students read and understand the information below. Any questions can be brought to the attention of the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program director.
- Once admitted a $250 deposit is due by March 15 to ensure your place in the MSAT is reserved.
- Once admitted into and enrolling in the MSAT Program, regardless of whether you are completing the 3+2 or two-year professional program, ALL students are required to pay the credit hour tuition rate for graduate studies throughout the duration of the MSAT curriculum.
- Tuition rates for the 2017-18 academic year are $710 per credit hour.
- Tuition billing and due dates are as follows:
|Term||Credit Hours||Tuition for Term||Bill Date||Due Date|
*Summer term tuition will be reduced by deposit amount once paid.
Tuition for Term
*The tuition rate for the second year is subject to change.
- Tuition refunds will not be given on or after the first day of class for each academic term. An 80% tuition refund will be paid when requested 14 days before the first day of class. A 100% tuition refund will be paid when requested 15 days or longer before the first day of class. Refer to “The Key: The Guide to Student Life for Graduate Students” for detailed information regarding refunds.
- If there are any questions about tuition or billing, students should contact the Business Office at (317) 738-8031.
- There are currently no graduate assistantship opportunities available at Franklin College.
Fees for Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Students are responsible for paying the fee associated with the application process through ATCAS.
- Students are required to have a physical examination and updated immunizations as part of the application process. Additionally, annual TB skin testing and influenza shots are required.
- MSAT students are required to pay the annual Franklin College student activity fee of $185.
- Students will be required to purchase clothing to comply with the dress code for all clinical rotations both on and off campus. This cost will vary.
- All costs for clinical education rotations are at the expense of students. This includes transportation, drug testing or other requirements which may be required by specific clinical sites.
- Students are required to become members of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA). Membership will make students eligible for scholarships at the national, regional and state levels.
- Other expenses may include a personal computer, cost of textbooks, travel and associated costs to attend professional conferences, and the Board of Certification (BOC) certification exam fee.
Financial Aid for Master of Science in Athletic Training
- To determine your eligibility for financial aid the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required. The FAFSA can be filed at fafsa.gov and is available January 1st EACH year.
- Beginning mid-April financial aid awards will be available for enrolled MSAT students via the online financial aid system.
- Financial Aid questions can be directed to the financial aid office at email@example.com or (317) 738-8075.