Admission to the Master of Science Athletic Training Program
Applications for the cohort of students to begin in July 2018 will be accepted through the Athletic Training Central Application System (ATCAS) beginning June 29, 2017. Apply Here. ATCAS is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox 40.0.3 (the latest version).
Early Decision Admission:
The application deadline for Early Decisions is January 1, 2018. Following the deadline for early admission the selection committee will evaluate and rate each applicant. Once applicant files have been reviewed, selected applicants will receive an invitation into the program. Candidates not accepted into the MSAT will receive notification from Franklin College through the ATCAS.
We will continue to accept and review applications on a rolling basis until all seats have been filled with qualified students. Selected applicants will receive an invitation into the program. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit application materials as soon as possible.
Admission to the MSAT is highly competitive and applicants will be ranked on the following admission requirements.
Please Note – fulfillment of all application requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
- Completed ATCAS application
- Evidence of a C or higher in the following prerequisites classes (within the past 7 years). Please note, if you are unsure whether a course counts for a prerequisite, contact us and we will provide further guidance:
- Anatomy and Physiology with labs
- An Exercise Science or Kinesiology course
- A Community or Personal Health or Wellness course
- General or Health-related Psychology
- Completion of a minimum of 50 hours of observation under the direct supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer; Submit to “Observation Hours” directly on ATCAS.
- Copy of current 1st aid and CPR for the professional rescuer or BLS Healthcare Provider certification; Submit to “Licenses and Certifications” directly on ATCAS
- Verification the MSAT Health Assessment, including a physical examination and evidence of current immunizations with HBV and TB information can be completed prior to the start of summer term coursework
- Verification the MSAT program’s Technical Standards for Admission can be met
- Completion of program specific questions
- Personal Statement
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation/evaluations; One from a faculty member and one from an athletic trainer, physician, or other healthcare provider
- The committee reserves the right to interview each applicant via Skype or phone on a case-by-case basis
- If accepted, International students will be required to submit testing scores. Please visit the Franklin College International applicants website for details on acceptable tests and scores.
*Please note, in order for your application to be verified you MUST have a copy of your official transcript sent directly to ATCAS at the following address:
ATCAS Transcript Verification Department
P.O. Box 9132
Watertown, MA 02471
Request more information